Blood pressure measurement is one of the most important ways to monitor heart health and prevent cardiovascular disease. With the popularization of smartphones and mobile devices, applications have emerged that promise to measure average pressure in an easy and practical way.
These devices have become powerful tools to help people take care of their health, and measurement apps are among the options available. Blood pressure is an important indicator of heart health, and monitoring it regularly can help prevent cardiovascular disease.
And if you’re interested in learning more about these apps and how they can help take care of your health, keep reading and find all the information you need to make an informed decision.
How to Calculate Mean Arterial Pressure
Mean arterial pressure is a measure of the exerted by blood in the arteries during the entire cardiac cycle. It is important to have it checked regularly, as it can be an indicator of health problems such as hypertension and cardiovascular disease. Here’s how to make this measurement accurately:
- Choose the right equipment: There are several types of pressure devices, including manual and digital sphygmomanometers, wrist pressure monitors, and smartphone apps. It is important to choose the correct equipment to obtain accurate results.
- Preparation: Before taking your pressure, it is important to rest for a few minutes in a calm and comfortable environment. Make sure you are not hungry, thirsty, or want to go to the bathroom.
- Positioning: To measure accurately, it is important to position your arm correctly. It must be supported on a flat surface, at the height of the heart.
- Inflate the Cuff: With the equipment chosen, it is time to inflate the cuff to stop the flow of blood in the arm. The equipment must indicate the maximum and minimum pressure.
- Record the results: After measuring your mean arterial pressure, it’s important to write down the results so you can track yours over time.
Remember that average pressure can vary from person to person and depending on the time of day, so it is important to measure it periodically and always follow the instructions of the manufacturer of the equipment you choose.
The 5 best applications to calculate blood pressure on mobile
Blood pressure apps are designed to help you manage your health at home and monitor your cardiovascular health. Below you will understand how some of the main apps that perform this measurement work.
Blood Pressure – SmartBP
This app allows you to measure your pressure using a Bluetooth monitor or display that connects to your mobile device via a cable. It uses the measured values to calculate an average of your readings and display graphs that show your pressure over time. SmartBP also allows you to set reminders to take your blood pressure and share your readings with your doctor.
blood pressure monitor
This app works similar to SmartBP, allowing you to measure your blood pressure using a monitor that connects to your mobile device. It stores your readings and displays them on a graph showing your previous and current readings. The blood pressure monitor also allows you to set reminders to take your pressure and send your readings via email.
This app allows you to measure your pressure manually by entering your readings into the app. It also allows you to set measurement reminders and includes a food diary to keep track of your diet and eating habits. Bpresso also displays graphs and statistics to help you monitor your cardiovascular health.
iCare allows you to measure your pressure using the camera on your mobile device. It uses image processing technology to detect changes in the skin color of your finger when you place it on the camera. These color changes are used to calculate your blood pressure. The app also includes features to help you manage your cardiovascular health, such as graphs and statistics.
Blood Pressure: Control of health and arterial hypertension
Through the application you measure your blood pressure manually, entering your readings in the application. It also includes features to help you manage your cardiovascular health, such as a food diary, graphs, and statistics. Blood Pressure also allows you to set reminders to take your blood pressure and share your readings with your doctor.